Saturday 9 July 2011

Long Time No Blog

Well, the last nine months of real life really got in the way of doing many things and this blog was no exception. Since my last post I spent a couple of months spending a serious amount of time caring for my elderly dad, followed by five weeks of daily hospital visits while he was in Hull Royal Infirmary. After he passed away on 13th December the real chaos started with me being the sole executor of his will. Finally I am just about done with all that work and while I still need to spend time looking after my mum's interests now that she is in a care home, I can start to make time to get life back to something like normal.

During those nine months I still managed to buy some new pipes and snuff boxes and of course I also inherited my dad's pipes and snuff boxes, not to mention the 1/2 lb of CM snuff he still had, though I find I have some difficulty enjoying the CM now as it brings back too many memories.

So, with a bit of luck this post will just be the start of some rather more regular posting.

Fingers firmly crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment